Reports to: Communications Director
Issue One is a nonpartisan, nonprofit advocacy organization that is uniting Republicans, Democrats and independents in the movement for political reform. Issue One’s ReFormers Caucus of more than 200 former members of Congress, governors and Cabinet officials is the largest bipartisan coalition of its kind ever assembled to advocate for solutions to strengthen our democracy. Issue One is building a multi-year, multi-million dollar national campaign to win transformational federal legislation that gets big money out of politics and fixes our broken political system.
Issue One seeks a Communications Associate to join its growing and dynamic communications team. This position supports communications initiatives, produces digital products and helps with the development and implementation of media and digital communications strategies.
- Provide communications and media relations support to Issue One;
- Assist with messaging development and other editorial content across Issue One;
- Help draft and distribute press releases, statements, op-eds and other communications materials;
- Assist in maintaining Issue One’s editorial calendar of communications;
- Foster media relationships while coordinating responses from senior colleagues;
- Aid in design and management of Issue One’s graphics, online and print collateral, websites and social media accounts;
- Help create visual identities and graphics for Issue One presentations, projects and social media;
- Assists in the development of organizational website (and any other project and/or partner websites);
- Draft and update content for website(s) and social media platforms;
- Manage social channels for Issue One events;
- Manage execution of engagement plan with Communications team;
- Continuously identify key influencers and create online and social media campaigns to engage them and their constituencies;
- Develop and send online communications that highlight the core message of Issue One and take advantage of key political moments;
- Oversee and implement a/b testing of messages to online audiences;
- Strong writing, communication, relationship, and technical skills;
- Ability to create persuasive and informative designs across media (print, web, social media, slide presentations)
- Ability to write persuasively and concisely;
- Experience with photo, video, or design software such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver, or Premiere preferred;
- Demonstrated experience with WordPress and/or other content management systems and constituency management systems as well as strong knowledge of website development a plus;
- Understanding of Congress, ethics and campaign finance issues and the reform community;
- Ability to independently execute quality work under deadlines and juggle multiple projects;
- At least 2-3 years of applicable communications experience;
- Sense of humor a must.
Issue One provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity and expression, status as a veteran, national origin, age or disability.
This is a full-time position based in Washington DC.
Salary & Benefits
Issue One offers competitive salaries, including benefits for all full-time employees. Salary range is $47,000-52,000.
How to Apply
Email a resume, a cover letter and two writing samples in a single document, labeled with your name and “Communications Associate search” in the subject line to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Due to the volume of applications, we will unfortunately not be able to acknowledge receipt of all applications. No phone calls please.