The development team at Issue One is seeking a motivated and self-starting individual for a part-time nonprofit fundraising/development internship in Washington D.C. Issue One is focused on bipartisan solutions and fixing our broken political system. Stipend provided.
Our name, Issue One, speaks to our mission: We are focused on the core civic issue of our time — solving the root cause of the gridlock crippling Washington and degrading our democracy. Founded in 2013, we are a nonpartisan nonprofit advocacy organization dedicated to political reform and government ethics in order to strengthen democracy and return government to the American people. We prioritize working across the aisle to find commonsense solutions that transcend the partisan divide.
Issue One is seeking a spring 2019 fundraising/development intern who can jump into our fast-paced and stimulating team to help us reach success in our fundraising goals.
Our interns are integral members of the team. We are a small but growing office where you will gain hands-on experience in development, communications, event planning, executive support and many other areas, depending on your interests. We also work closely with other democracy reform organizations and will give you an expansive look at the important work being done nationwide to fix our broken political system.
As an Issue One development intern, you will:
- Help maintain relationships with donors
- Assist with prospect research and outreach
- Contribute to the writing and distribution of communications efforts
- Monitor news and updates related to funders
- Participate in democracy reform-focused events
- Provide support in preparing for events and meetings
- Demonstrated interest in nonprofit, policy or advocacy work.
- Strong interest in fundraising or development work.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent computer skills (Mac and PC, MS Office)
- Strong organizational abilities
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, as well as with a team
This is a part-time internship which takes place during standard office hours (M-F, 9-5:30). We are seeking someone able to work 20-25 hours per week. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume as a single document to email@example.com with “Development internship” in the subject line.