Political & Design Coordinator position
Reports to: Managing Director, Fix the System
Founded in 2013, Issue One is a nonpartisan, nonprofit advocacy organization dedicated to strengthening democracy and accountability of the government to the American people.
We are committed to making meaningful progress and aspire to improve American democracy. We strive always to think boldly and take risks.
Issue One seeks an energetic, focused and productive Political & Design Coordinator to develop content, help coordinate a coalition and assist with implementation of a strategy to create constituencies for political reform. This is a great starter position for a career in politics, communications and advocacy with room for promotion and growth within the organization.
- Ability to create persuasive and informative designs across media (print, web, social media, slide presentations)
- Experience with photo, video, or design software such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver or Premiere
- Demonstrated strong writing and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage details, solve problems, and follow through on assignments with minimal direct supervision
- Must have strong personal work ethic, time management skills and a can-do attitude
- Relevant work and intern experience preferred.
This will be a full-time position based in Washington, D.C.
Salary & Benefits
Issue One offers competitive salaries, including benefits for all full-time employees. Salary is $40,000-$46,000.
How to Apply
Email a resume and cover letter in a single document, labeled with your name and “Political & Design Coordinator” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Due to the volume of applications, we will unfortunately not be able to acknowledge receipt of all applications. No phone calls please.
Issue One an Equal Opportunity Employer.